- Love sets priorities for each hour, each day, and the whole of life.
- Love regards things in themselves, as they are actually existing.
- Fear regards imaginary representations of things.
- Attention guided by fear focuses on internal representations.
- Attention guided by love focuses externally on the existence of others.
- Love commits the whole of your task attention to the person at hand.
- Love produces mindfulness of the presence of the one loved.
- Love silences predictive attention.
- Humility is the habit of love committing its attention to others.
- Humility is self-forgetfulness.
- Sign of humility is interior silence.
- Pride is the self-concepts we have in our head, which distract us from others.
- Narcissism is the total immersion of attention in oneself and the total externalizing of the need for growth onto others.
- Heroic humility is the total immersion of attention in others and the total internalizing of the possibility of growth into oneself.
- Narcissism produces shame.
- Humility produces joy.
- Humility sets the stage for generosity with others.